Fan mail

My previous post about an older-is-better thread at Golden Road has brought some adoring fan mail...on the thread itself. I had previously posted my responses as an update, but I'm lazy. So I'll get an entirely new blog entry out of the amusing rumpus...

A couple posters on the Golden Road thread more or less agree with yesterday's blog entry. But a couple of other posters dump on me, which just rips my heart out. First, I don't take Geritol. Do they even sell it any more? And no, I don't have any respect for whoever it is who doesn't have any respect for me. So we're even.

Did some googling (that always sounds a little kinky) on Steve Gavazzi, the guy who has no respect for me. I had never heard of him, but he seems to be one of the bosses at Golden Road. He definitely likes to throw his weight around on the board. Too bad he can't boss me around on this blog. He also carries a torch for the golden olden days with Bob and Roger, which is no surprise.

Then there's a guy who thinks that I hate every old game show. Guess he can't read very well, because yesterday's entry called the well-aged Match Game the greatest game show ever. He also rips me for too much negativity on Buzzr. Sorry, but other people have commented that the oldies diginet has apparently given up on further expansion into conventional TV, in favor of an online approach. Not to mention that Buzzr unceremoniously dumped its general manager earlier this year. That's not negativity. That's noticing the obvious.

As for the spats with the oldies boards, yeah, he's right about that one. But the oldies boards have tossed a lot of rotten tomatoes my way, too.

A couple other deep thinkers rip me for always complaining. Reading skills must be even worse at Golden Road than I thought. I just got finished praising GSN's lively original America Says and Gary Burhoff's excellent work on Match Game. It's the oldies boards that are always grumping about how lousy game shows have gotten. Consider the thread on Golden Road.

Yet another genius has chimed in that nobody reads my blog. I dunno, a lot of Golden Road-ers seem to read it. They just don't comprehend the entries so well. After all, the entries are written in English, with big words like "written" and "English."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner