Buzzr gets noticed

It's nice when Buzzr, our little oldies diginet, gets some attention outside the narrow confines of the game show Interwebs.

I had never heard of the 2 Paragraphs site, but I assume they limit their stories to two paragraphs (duh). Sure enough, that's the length of their rewrite of a press release from Buzzr about the diginet's Betty White Christmas. I got the same release in my inbox, and the linked story gives me an excuse to rewrite it myself.

Come to think of it, the 2 Paragraphs site probably imposes a word limit as well. Otherwise they could dawdle along for two 10,000-word paragraphs, which would pretty much defeat the purpose. Anyway, the site counts 8 days and 71 episodes of Betty in such Buzzr staples as Match Game, Tattletales, Password Plus and Super Password.

I don't know if there are any "fresh" episodes of these shows in the stunt, as the oldies boards like to call them. (For the uninitiated, "fresh" means eps that haven't turned up on Buzzr in its three-and-a-half-year history.) But Betty's game show appearances are always worth watching. Today I caught one of her zillion Match Game turns on GSN. As usual, the other panelists were riffing off her love for animals. Some things never change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: syndies rebound from turkey overload

HQ co-founder dies at age 35