The plugs, the plugs!

Looking over the Buzzr Facebook page is a lot of fun. You get complaints from viewers who are trying to prove that they are more older-is-better than thou.

One of the funnier gripes is that Buzzr sometimes cuts fee plugs and parting gifts from ancient game shows. These ads were always particularly irritating for me. An announcer raced through dull huckster text while a static picture of the product hogged the screen. I usually mute commercials of all kinds, and I really enjoy muting these plugs when I see them on Buzzr.

But for true believers, the plugs are a sacred part of the oldies experience, and Buzzr Shalt Not Touch Them. I only wish they would cut all the plugs, along with a lot of their other cheapo ads.

A slightly more serious complaint is that Buzzr cuts the panel introductions from their color What's My Line eps. I don't usually watch this show, but those intros were dull and time-consuming. The syndie WML inherited the practice from the CBS original, where it should have been left. If Buzzr wants to delete the introductions, it's fine with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner