25 words in the fall

Looks like my weekly ratings entries will have a new syndie in fall 2019. 25 Words or Less is set for national syndication after a three-week trial run last summer.

The Fox O&O's are leading the charge with the syndication effort. So far the passable Password knockoff has cleared 40% of the country. I gave the show a mostly favorable review, though I thought the pace dawdled now and then. But when they played the lightning rounds - sorry for the Password references, but they're unavoidable with this knockoff - things got quite lively.

Meredith Vieira hosts. Obviously, she's no comedian and not particularly quick with a quip. But this show can tolerate an Allen Ludden type - there I go again with the Password associations - and newsperson Meredith fits the bill.

"I don't need 25 words to say how excited I am to host this fabulous game. Everyone will love playing along," says Meredith. She's right that the show has definite play-along value, just like its hoary ancestor. Good luck in the syndie wars next fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner