Weekend binge

With too much time on my hands over the weekend, I did some bingeing on Cash Cab. GSN makes this easy to do, with ten-episode marathons of the show every Saturday and Sunday. As I watched for hours, I got to thinking. Dangerous, I know...

1) The NYC street scenery was such an important part of the show. Usually game show sets don't mean much to me, but this "set" was a big winner. Everything from pleasant neighborhoods to industrial strength grunge was on display through the cab windows.

2) Ben Bailey found the gig of his life. He was perfect as the friendly but not too syrupy cabbie. Quick with a quip and/or a facial expression, he never missed a beat behind the wheel.

3) Too bad the recent Discovery reboot of the show flopped. Was it the celebs? Or had the show just run its course? Maybe GSN should have tried the rewind. The ratings demands would have been less severe, anyway.

4) The louder the contestants, the worse they seemed to do. I know the screamers helped make the show lively, but quiet thought paid off a lot of the time.

5) I would go for the double or nothing bonus every time, and I'd probably wipe out spectacularly. I would sure help with the prize budget.

6) At least the game show Interwebs don't grouse about GSN's marathons of this show. Even if Game Show Forum couldn't find a place for Cash Cab on their ridiculous top fifty list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner