Try to concentrate

As you probably know if you've brushed up against the game show Interwebs lately, Classic Concentration has come to Buzzr.

There's no question that Concentration, in all its many versions, is one of the top game shows ever. I ranked it #18 on my latest top fifty list, and others would no doubt place it even higher. But I'll admit that it's never been a personal favorite. The show is just a little too slow, quiet and cerebral for my taste. Too much concentrating, you know.

Buzzr has put the first half of Classic Concentration's first episode on their Facebook site. So I decided to review it as if it was a new show I'd never seen before. Sure enough, I thought the gameplay was a little too erudite and not very brisk. Of course, maybe I was just grumpy because I couldn't guess the rebus until they revealed all but four squares. The eventual winning contestant took even longer, which soothed my ego a little. She had to see the entire rebus before she nailed it.

I'm afraid the winner also crapped out in the bonus round, which at least moved a little quicker. All in all, the show certainly offers a clever format, but it's just not my cup of game show tea. I'll stick with Alex Trebek's current show, which rolls along a lot faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner