Marathon runner

Yesterday I was whining that I didn't have anything to write about Buzzr.

To be honest, I still don't have anything about the diginet, but I'll sort of make something up. An older-is-better poster on the game show Reddit board plods through the usual complaint about GSN running too much - stop me if you've heard this before - Harvey Feud. But she continues the whine with slams on too much Cash Cab, too much syndie Millionaire, too much Sherriwed, and too much of just about any other show with less than fifteen years of dust on it.

Somebody in the cable industry patiently explains to her that ratings dictate what goes onto any commercial TV network. This is true, of course, and it will do absolutely no good with the older-is-better true believer.

So how do I get to Buzzr from this? Today Buzzr happens to be grinding through its own marathons. Nine eps of Match Game followed by four eps of Supermarket Sweep followed by six eps of Password Plus/Super Password. I don't even know if the older-is-better poster is aware of Buzzr, but I bet she would love these marathons. (And no doubt Buzzr is grinding through these skeins because of those pesky ratings, just like GSN.)

Finally, how do I get to Greed (see screenshot)? Well, the older-is-better poster really likes the old Chuck Woolery chestnut, and I agree with her on that issue. Except she seems to think that there was a separate GSN version of the show. Nope, GSN just reran the one and only version from Fox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: syndies rebound from turkey overload

HQ co-founder dies at age 35

Buzzr gets noticed