Hairy

I could try to ignore the biggest story in game shows today, but why fight the incoming tide?

Yes, it's the beard. Alex Trebek unveiled his full facial hair on Jeopardy's season debut yesterday, and the reaction was immediate and vociferous. In fact, the beard was hardly a secret. Alex had displayed it in a Twitter message a few days ago. And even further back, he had shown off the whiskers at a Junior ROTC event. (I blogged about it months ago.)

But yesterday was the coming-out party for the oddly 19th-century looking facial hair on Jeopardy itself. As I rather gloomily speculated in the old blog post, the show is making a big deal about it. They've even got a Twitter vote on the whiskers. I voted "no" just to be contrarian, but I'm getting outvoted heavily.

So the beard may remain for the foreseeable future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner