Anything new at Buzzr?

It struck me that I've hardly written anything about Buzzr lately.

Which seems a little strange. After all, the diginet is one of only two TV outlets in the entire country devoted exclusively to game shows. But when I look at Google News for Buzzr items, I come up with a lot of nothing. In the past few weeks there's been just one mention of the diginet, a passing glance in an article about a new gadget from Amazon.

I'm not the only one who's noticed the dearth of new developments on the oldies network. (Yeah, I realize that it's easy to make jokes about "new" stuff on such a dusty channel.) A poster on the Buzzr Facebook page has a similar complaint...

I know it has been the summer but there have been no promotions or special marathons or anything special at all! There have not been any commercials letting us know of anything special coming up in the fall or any changes coming up. There have been hardly any new episodes of almost anything lately. It just feels like the air has been let out of a balloon things seem so flat lately and in past years by now there have been changes or promos airing to announce new programming coming up. Does anyone else agree?

Well, yes, I do agree for the past several weeks. There was a flurry of news about Buzzr a while ago, with a new management team and online streaming and hints about non-Fremantle shows coming to the diginet. But things have gone awfully quiet lately. The oldies boards have noted a few "fresh" eps of the same old shows, but that's hardly major news.

Maybe something will break pretty soon. But I haven't heard even the barest hint.

UPDATE: Wouldn't you know, something did break. Buzzr will start running Classic Concentration - I assume the Trebek 1987-91 show - in October. Does this qualify as one of the non-Fremantle shows that Buzzr GM Mark Deetjen was talking about? Well, sort of, I guess, but you can dispute that. See Wikipedia for the gory details of Concentration ownership and production.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner