Political obit

John McCain, longtime senator from Arizona and a presidential candidate in 2008, has died at age 81.

Sometimes I feel a little ghoulish doing it, but whenever a well-known person dies, I generally check IMDb to see if there are any game show connections. I really wasn't expecting anything for John McCain, but I did find one credit for Millionaire. Back in 2010 on the syndie version, he presented a few questions on the show. YouTube has one of them.

I try to keep this blog as nonpolitical as possible, so I'll leave the political comments on the senator to other sites. But I did have a couple of odd thoughts when I went through this Internet search. One, it seemed a little strange that a politician would have such a long IMDb page. But I guess politicos do a lot of acting of one kind or another.

Second, does anybody with any kind of celebrity turn up on a game show sooner or later? Our little genre has seen a zillion famous faces over the years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: syndies rebound from turkey overload

HQ co-founder dies at age 35

Buzzr gets noticed