Housekeeping

With a slow news weekend upon us, I did some tidying up around the blog.

Once in a while I check every item on the blogroll in the sidebar to see if any of the links have gone dead, or even suspiciously quiet. I did notice that The Blog is Right has slackened off its pace recently, with the latest full-fledged blog entry, a post about some Buzzr programming, almost a month old. But there have been a few Facebook and Twitter entries since then, so I'll keep The Blog is Right on the blogroll for now.

By the way, TBiR (couldn't resist the acronym reference to TPiR) gave a grumpy review to America Says. The site only graded it at 6.6 on a 1 to 10 scale. According to TBiR's standards, this means: A game show that needs to be improved in multiple areas. Expected to run for at least one season.

We know that America Says was a hit with GSN's audience and got a whopping renewal order of 95 episodes. So a lot of viewers disagreed with The Blog is Right's churlishness. Meanwhile, the site burbled over Paid Off, with an 8.0 rating. Almost nobody is watching that show, which isn't terrible but hardly deserves to be rated above America Says.

But enough of my opinions. I also spiffed up the video blog in the sidebar with some useful HTML parameters that Dailymotion supports for embedded videos. As a result, the thumbnails display much more clearly, with no distracting start buttons or other nonsense. Dailymotion is a lot better in that regard than YouTube. Just wish they had as large a selection of game show videos as the bigger site. But Dailymotion will do for a while.

UPDATE: As part of my plod through the blogroll, I checked Game Show Paradise. A poster was looking for GSN schedules from 2009. As it happens, I have some of those old pdfs. GSN doesn't send me the schedules any more, but I kept some over the years. Here's a link to the lineup for the week of September 21, 2009.

I'm not going to provide any more of these schedules because I'll just get too many requests. For me the oddest thing on the 2009 schedule was the eight-hour poker marathon on Sunday night. You won't see anything like that on today's all-traditional GSN lineup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner