Business dealings

A couple of business stories vaguely related to our little genre cropped up in Google News.

First, CBS has sold Television City to a LA real estate investment firm. Stories regularly refer to the property as "iconic" because people like Jack Benny used to work there. Fremantle still produces The Price is Right at the location, and other game shows have come and gone over the years. CBS will occupy the property as a tenant for a while, but I assume TPiR and the other shows produced at the site will eventually move elsewhere. Or maybe not. It's no big deal to me, but I've seen some comments on the game show Interwebs about the impending sale.

In other business news, GSN has made a deal with Comcast Technology Solutions for "video workflow management, publication, distribution and monetization services." I really don't know what all that means, but it's a bunch of big words. The linked story also mentions some servers for GSN's high definition broadcasts. I can sort of understand that.

An unrelated housekeeping note about this blog. YouTube has "deprecated" the showinfo tag on embedded videos. What this means in plain English is that those ugly and intrusive titles will show up on the videos in the sidebar. I used to be able to get rid of them, but no more. YouTube is just being a pain, but I can't do anything about it.

Oh, I found a way around the YouTube problem. I'll just use videos from Dailymotion. They still allow me to hide the annoying titles. Too bad they don't have as wide a selection of videos, but I'll do my best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: syndies rebound from turkey overload

HQ co-founder dies at age 35

Buzzr gets noticed