Fun and games on the free encyclopedia

Once upon a time I worked for free on Jimbo Wales' farm, a.k.a. Wikipedia.

In fact, I piled up more than eleven thousand edits and even a featured article on the site. Then I finally got tired of the middle-school cliquishness and paranoia that plagues the project. Besides, I figured it would be more fun to write my own blog.

But once in a while I scratch the Wiki itch and chip in a few anonymous edits to Jimbo's big pile of stuff. Yesterday I added a couple of favorable sentences to the America Says article to balance the sour appraisal by critic Bradley Clarke. (He's the guy I mentioned in my previous blog post.)

To give the devil (or Jimbo) his due, Wikipedia does have a bunch of pretty decent articles on game shows. In this blog's sidebar, there's a link to the long list of Wikipedia's game show entries. I also use the separate Wikia site on U.S. game shows, which offers more tidbits on almost any show you could want to research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: Alex has a forgettable week

Yeah, they were game show hosts

Marathon runner