Big news?

Sometimes Google News just goes bonkers with a game show item. And it's hard for me to understand exactly why.

Case in point: this story about sixty eps of Jeopardy turning up on Hulu. Okay, I get that OTT streaming is the Big New Thing, endlessly ballyhooed as the death of regular TV and the dawn of a new era. But a mere sixty episodes of the venerable quizzer set off a bunch of stories on the Interwebs? I can lean back in my lounger and watch a double run of Jeopardy every weeknight.

So what's the big deal? They apparently did pick some of the more notable eps from the show's enormous archives, but a lot of memorable Jeopardy moments are already available on YouTube. I suppose that anything about Hulu gets a lot of news play nowadays, but sixty reruns hardly seem to be worth all the fuss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratings: syndies rebound from turkey overload

HQ co-founder dies at age 35

Buzzr gets noticed